OUR NEW VIDEO! disable site music first

Friday, June 12, 2009

We're Headed to Rwanda!


So... I know it has been nearly a year since I have posted, but it looks like it is a good thing I didn't erase this whole blog out of despair and frustration in the interim. We are going to need it again to keep you all updated on our progress with adopting our son in Rwanda!

There were times over the last year (and a year before that) when I thought I would literally die from the agony of never being able to become a mother again... and now after a complete miracle, we have been approved in Rwanda by the Minister in charge of adoptions. We have, through the Grace of God found a son who is waiting for us in the Home of Hope orphanage. Bless the Sisters who prayed on this choice they faced of which of the orphans was to be united with our family. While they first told us there were "no" babies who were young... that they were all 1 year or more... they apparently had something shift, because when my Kigali friend Julie went to meet the Mother Superior, she introduced a boy of 5 months, found in the bush, and named Pacifique, meaning "peace". I knew it was him, immediately.

And so we have a new lawyer who is an angel earthside... she is efficient and professional and extremely timely and communicative. What more could you ask for? She is finishing up all the details and readying for our arrival in Kigali on Monday.

So soon we will be meeting our new son, a boy who gets a second chance at love and safety and family and who gives a family orphaned somehow by the loss of their own son a second chance at life and love and family.

Stay tuned... we will try to update daily!

15 comments:

Birdie said...

I am crying I am so happy for you. Congratulations. I check your blog regularly hoping there was an update. I saw your post on MDC also. I can't wait to see pics of you with your new baby.

Anonymous said...

Hooray! I cannot wait to meet Pacifique! I feel he will add so much to all our lives. Of course my love is with you on this next part of your journey.

Happymom4 aka Hope Anne said...

SO happy for you!!! And the new sonny boy to be!

Tami of BrooksGroth said...

Oh I am happy beyond words for your family -- I just KNEW that there would be more to your story and that you WOULD indeed become a mother again!!!! Thanks to God's Grace indeed!!!!! (I am reminded -- Grace Happens Here :-)

Congratulations and may you be blessed beyond words!!!!
xoxo

Meg said...

I am SO happy for you!!!!! What a journey! I have checked back here more times than I can count to see if anything had changed in your situation. I am so glad to hear they have and that you're so close to meeting your sweet son!!! I feel so priviledged to read the rest of your story! Thanks so much for posting.

Vesper said...

Blessings x infintiy.

Anonymous said...

Jaya,

I'm just thrilled to hear this news. How wonderful. I wish you Godspeed to meet your new son.

Kristi

Anonymous said...

It is so great to know that your journey continues today back to Rwanda. He is so precious and beautiful! I stopped by your house today but I must have missed you.

Emery would like to share her "birthday donations" with you and your family to support your journey. She is so excited, as are all of us, to meet your newest family member.

With love and peace-Kathy, Steve and Emery

Amy said...

I'm so happy for you Jaya!
Amy

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you!! I am happy to see that you are posting updates. I heard through the grapevine last week that you were leaving. I keep wondering how you all are. Congratulations and have a wonderful journey.
Jeanne & Glenn

Anonymous said...

Sunday, June 14 around 7pm EST. I am driving to a birth and thinking that you have left to meet your son. It is raining lightly and the sun is shining too. I see a double rainbow.

estherisla said...

YIPEEEEEEEEEEE!

Well-Rounded Mama said...

Oh Jaya, I am SOOO excited for you!! Like Tami, I just KNEW that there would be more to your story and you were meant to have another baby in your life. I just knew it!

I will be checking the blog eagerly to see your progress, and to see more pictures of Pacifique!

My thoughts are with you, hon!

Anonymous said...

This is Jaya's mum. I want to thank all of you who have kept your hearts open and pondered therein the certainty that this story was just waiting for a new chapter. Then, in the dark of December, a new little one was delivered to the sisters arms, destined, it seems, to come and live in the green hills of Vermont.
Thank you all for your constant faith, and sweet prayers. Our cup overflows with blessings and gratitude.

rachel benoit said...

Your mother gave me your happy news and I cried with joy, what a blessing! My knitting needles are hard at work