OUR NEW VIDEO! disable site music first

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Photos you've been asking for


So it takes about 30 minutes here to upload one photo, and beyond being infuriating, it has also just simply not been do-able due to our hectic schedule. But here goes, I will try to see how far I get for you all.


The road to the orphanage


Outside the orphanage gate before meeting Pacifique for the first time


Ahhhh... finally.....


All together outside the doctor's office



Happy Father's day!!!

More to come later... but for all of you who are wondering, we passed court yesterday! Scott spent three ours writing about it, but it is in the ethers now... needless to say, he is our son, but we cannot leave the country with him until we get the letter from the Minister and the Rwandan visa. No idea how long this will take, but it could be a while. We are on African time... Court was a trip- sitting there with Rwandans in pink gowns (picture hospital gowns) which inicate they are criminals. Adopting a baby all in french with inmates present to witness! Whatever- the point is, it is all moving along and for real this time. Going to pick up Pacifique now, more later.

We have an itouch now and can read all your posts and encouragement and tears immediatley here at the hotel. How wonderful the technology is. Your words and hearts are bring us to tears constantly. It is so meaningful, bless you all!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear family. How precious those pictures. Court- adoption day, legally yours.Huge.Wonderful. -and so very right'let patience have her perfect work'- that gentle, strong command (promise?) has been singing to me these last few weeks. Perfect work indeed.I am filled up full. Scott, your account will return to you and we will read it when you are back in that place and have the technology gods on your side. You all radiate wholeness, joy and look so happy to be right where you are. It is delicious to see and hear and, be so present, for this holy experience. This time kiss those sisters for me, for holding this dear little one til you came! Love, mum

Anonymous said...

Such an amazing story and the most wonderful photos I have seen in a long, long time! I read your blog every day and my heart just bursts-thank you so much for taking the time to post and for letting us peek into your lives during this incredible journey. He is a most beautiful boy and Ariah is already an awesome big sister-God bless you all as you complete the remaining steps to bring Pacifique home at last. Much love to all of you and your families-Tambrey

Anonymous said...

Jaya, Scott and Ariah, I am simply stunned! I have not seen your blog until I was compelled to look at today, only to find this most incredible and joyous news and the precious beauty of your new little baby boy. He's amazing! Words can hardly express how much my heart overflows with joy for you all! Maria

Betsy said...

You're making an addict out of me. Each time I come back there is more.

Thanks for the visuals to add to your very descriptive words. Those eyes......oh dear.

How are you going to protect that little boy from all the grabbing hands once you bring him home?

Betsy said...

A message, and a gift for Paci, over here:
http://numbmum.blogspot.com/2009/06/flowers-for-pacifique.html

Anonymous said...

I don't know your family, but your story has brought tears to my eyes. I linked to your story last year from Betsy Shaw's blog and am so glad that your family is finally together.
May the rest of your journey be smooth. He is a lucky boy.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous boy!! That photo of he and his beautiful big sister is priceless!!

Cari said...

Happy , Happy Father's Day! He is so beautiful and you all look so joyous together. It is so good to hear that everthing is coming along. I love you, Cari

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this journey with all of us. I have been staying up too late at night so that I can catch up with the latest postings. The photos are amazing! My arms are aching to hold your little boy and welcome him home. My heart feels so full of happiness for all of you.Love Diane

Anonymous said...

I've shed a few tears of joy catching up on your blog. I'm so very very happy for your whole family. What an amazing story. Amazing. I'm just so thrilled for your family and for little Paci. His life has brought peace. Jaya you look so beautiful with him in your sling, and Ariah does look so natural being a big sister. I love reading every thing that Scott has to say about being a white American dad in a sea of black. He is such a lucky boy, and so now we will pray that the rest of your trip is quick and smooth and that you get home safely. I'm just so happy for your family! What a quick event. Every baby has a story and this is quite a story.
May you all be blessed,
Nichole

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you. What a gorgeous child. We can't wait to meet him.
Love, Kathy, Jim, John and Daniel