OUR NEW VIDEO! disable site music first

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I had great plans for tonight... Install my Vonage phone, file an amended tax return (forgot I had a job when I filed the first time, lol!), take a bath, do a herbal face steam, read my new Paulo Coelho book, maybe watch an Angelina Jolie movie I've had my eye on for two weeks...

Yup. I did none of those. I sat my ass in front of this screen and worked on my blog.

So, I may as well do what I was planning to do all week, and that is update you all. Right after I told J of my aches and pains with the waiting for this adoption while pumping milk she called me and was tremendously reassuring and patient. She was kind and generous with her time and sensitivity, which really made me feel like I had climbed into a warm lap, secure and content.

J thinks this will go quickly still, she recommended I keep up the pumping and pack my bags! Supposedly we should have an approval from the Embassy today or tomorrow, and then they send it to Rwanda. It takes a few days to get there, but once it does that is the last place it needs to go before it goes to the courts! The approval there could be instantaneous since it already has the Embassy's approval. Time will tell. Cross your fingers.

I'm scared shitless (can't think of a better word to use at the moment). When "nothing" seems to be happening, I freak out that it never will happen. When it speeds up and there is evidence of progress, I freak out that it is happening. Either way, it is just plain scary. Whatever. At the end of the day it is just fear and never did hold me down much. I can move despite it.

But can you imagine? We may have our child soon!

5 comments:

Meg said...

Jaya! I'm so happy for you! I hope you can have peace in your heart in these hectic days ahead. We are here for you and you and your whole family (including your new baby) are in our prayers. Keep up the great work and thanks for the update!
Meg

Anonymous said...

If it were easy everyone would do it, including us. Your strength will win out. I think having a baby for us would be easier than adopting, and it is probably to late to take that option.

Our thoughts and hearts are with you.

mmm

Meg said...

Oh Jaya! I just saw that heartbreakingly beautiful picture of Trace. Oh my goodness. He is so beautiful and I am so touched that you would share that with us. You are a special person. I hope you get some good news soon. I thought I would share this with you. My best friend's husband's brother (if you can follow that)lost their first baby. They found out at the 20 week ultrasound that something was wrong. There wasn't enough amniotic fluid and they thought it had something to do with the kidneys. The doctors tried to get them to abort. They refused! So, their son, Lance Guy, was born and lived for only 1 hour. This was so hard on them. But, like you, they had courage, and tried for another child. They now have 2 wonderful, happy children. I wanted to tell you this because it shows that even through the heart break, there can be a happy ending. She was a nervous wreck during those pregnancies, understandably. I know you are the proverbial nervous wreck right now, but you are doing such a couragous thing and it almost means more, because when your pregnant, you can't just back out after a certain point. You are choosing to keep with this and your baby will be such a sweet reward!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Meg! Your comments help me to feel supported and witnessed.

Trace was beautiful, no? Hard to imagine that he is lifeless in that photo...

And yes, there is no backing out in pregnancy. With this choice to back out it is sometimes hard to stay in, but alas I do and I am indeed grateful.

xoxox

Meg said...

Glad I could help. :-)