OUR NEW VIDEO! disable site music first

Thursday, March 13, 2008

One Step Forward Eighty-two Steps Back

As promised, the Embassy delivered and I had the Dossier in hand Tuesday at noon. It looks great and there is the needed letter attached stating the specifics of our case. So, of course, I went and reserved a ticket for Saturday the 15th, arriving the 17th in Kigali.

NOPE! Can't do it. I won't be on the plane... now WE CAN'T FIND THE LAWYER! She is MIA. I need her to pick me up from the airport and take me from there to the Ministry to deliver the paperwork, and without her go-ahead I can't do anything worthwhile other than sight-see. So, I am still grounded. I have no idea where she is or when she will return and now I am facing a holiday (Easter) so travel will most likely be delayed due to that.

I am fugly. Dh asked me what I needed last night (I think he is hoping that something would make it easier to live with me at the moment) and honestly the only thing I need is to get on a plane. No bubble bath is gonna fix this. At least I have an iPod to listen to while I pump every two hours....

4 comments:

Meg said...

Jaya, I don't really know what to say. I am very happy for you that you weren't held up any more with hte doissier. I am so sorry that you can't just go over there and get your precious baby. I know that doesn't help anything, but I wanted you to know that I care about you and hope every day that you'll be through with this soon. For what it's worth, I hope that lawyer is able to be found quickly or another one can fill in and you can get things moving! Thanks again for sharing with us through this difficult time. We're here for you!
Meg

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, my dear..... you are in my thoughts. Hey, do you have a manual pump and/or battery pack for the plane trip? Sometimes electricity supplies for pumping in airports and planes can be hard to come by....

Kristi

Anonymous said...

Just want you to know that I'm checking in periodically, eagerly awaiting the latest news!! I send you lotsa love and hugs.

Keep the faith, hon. A birth friend of mine in my local community who had suffered multiple losses had been seeking adoption for a long time. She was despairing of it ever working out.

She just adopted a baby! It happened very unexpectedly and quickly, from a totally unexpected source. Just when she was at her most despairing, her new baby came to her.

Keep the faith, hon. I know this will happen for you too!

HUGS......kmom

Jaya said...

Thanks, everyone. Your comments really lift me up, they do! Kristi, I got a manual pump for those times without electric (which I really hope are few and far between). It seems like a pretty good one from Medela. I swear I have a whole suitcase full of breastfeeding paraphenalia! Tubes and tape and syringes and bottles and pumps and blah, blah, blah. I am really hoping I will get my supply so high that I iwll be able to do this exclusively without the supplemental feeder! And I'm going for it...