OUR NEW VIDEO! disable site music first

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Update on Clementina

Well, it has been a while since I posted what I knew of the situation with Clementina. In that time, I have become skeptical of the credibility of this situation posed to me by our friend Happy. Before I sent any money to Rwanda for Clementina's care, there were certain specific questions that I wanted answered completely: like what hospital she was in, which bed number. What was her prognosis if she received medical attention or surgery? What of the sick baby? I did not receive answers to any of these questions. The lack of information made me suspect, but I kept at it with the help of some wonderful women who also have come to know and love both Clementina and Happy. We all tried everything we knew to get accurate information- calling Rwanda and even asking an American acquaintance now living in Kigali to go to the reported doctor and hospital to get information about Clementina. Her efforts were tireless, but she was unable to set her eyes on Clementina.

Some of you have donated, but please know that I am holding on to the donations until I have spoken with you directly regarding how to proceed. Please be in contact with me if you have sent something along... I have tried to reach a few of you to no avail.

I hesitate to write much about this here, as I do not want to add drama to an already tough situation. Suffice it to say I am very sad and worried. Sad because Happy was a good friend to me and others and I hate to believe that he knowingly misrepresented something in order to get money. Worried because maybe Clementina is indeed sick and in trouble... and if she isn't then it is going to be very difficult to help her going forward since my only way to her was thru Happy.

That being said, I am also grateful and proud that I listened to my instinct, slowed things down and asked questions. I am happy that I was able to have integrity with people's money and that I worked so hard to verify the facts of this situation.

I will keep you posted if anything develops.. and again, if you have sent a donation but have not spoken with me, please contact me.

Blessings,
Jaya

No comments: