OUR NEW VIDEO! disable site music first

Monday, December 28, 2009

Colorado Trip Photos


So way back when in October we had a great trip to meet Scott's family in Colorado. I'm wishing right now that I had some photos of the moment we got off the tram, doors opened to a whole audience of people awaiting their loved ones... black roping dividing us from those waiting. Mims and Pops stood on one side, us lugging all our stuff but most importantly their new Grandson on the other side. We see each other and both Mims and I begin crying. I have just kept a vision for more than three years and traveled half way around the world to a very foreign place and in that moment of looking at Mims and Pops laying eyes on their grandbaby for the first time, I am overwhelmed by a sense of some strange heroism... taken aback completely by the fact that I now know I did not do this for myself only... but that my journey toward Pacifique was truly for many, and for this mother of my dear husband.

Please enjoy some photos of our time in Colorado. Pictured below are Ariah's Uncle Patrick and Aunt Cari (Scott's sister and BIL) and his mom and dad (along with us).




















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful shots-- my favorites are the ones of ariah and pacifique. forget about histories, forget about color and culture-- she's schlepping him around like any big sister who loves her little bro.
warms my heart.
--bonnie

Meg said...

it is truly evident in these pictures just how much Ariah loves her brother. how beautiful!