OUR NEW VIDEO! disable site music first

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Things that go bump in the night

Okay, okay... I realize I have yet to fill in the details of what the heck we are doing with this adoption thing. I am finding that backtracking is hard to do though- to write journal entires in such a way that doesn't really chronicle a day, but rather writing an entry telling a story that has already happened... it is just sorta... well... counter-intuitive. Do I even make sense? I'm talking about writing, for example,

"June 19, 1985: Dear Diary,
On May 3rd, 1985 here is what happened....." Makes no sense, right?

Well speaking of sense... I don't know that I do anymore (make sense). I am on so many hormone pills, what with trying to induce lactation and all... plus I gotta admit I'm kinda punchy after homeschooling all day and then swigging down a cocktail of caffeine and mate (read "mah-tay") in hopes of keeping my eyes open long enough to dig out from under the heap of sticky notes on my desk. I can't read half of them, and the ones I can make out don't tell me a thing about what I am supposed to be doing...

Anyway, I will get back to the more serious job of explaining our journey at some point, but for now I had to just had to report in with some musings on the things that swirl around in the vortex I once thought of as my head.

We are planning this fund-raiser to help with adoption costs, and as if I have nothing better to think about (like preparing my home and heart for a baby) I lie awake at night thinking fund-raiser stuff... the stuff Lizzy is supposed to be worrying about, not me.. The "coordinator" as I call her, Lizzy, asked that I send her the list of things I can't stop contemplating in the wee hours. See below:

Things that go "bump" in the night: For Lizzy:
who's gonna set up the place?
who's gonna clean up the place?
is fred really gonna decorate?
who's gonna magistrate?
what about signage?
what about wattage?
who's doing silent auction?
this is real, this adoption?
when do I do email invites?
should we put up christmas lights?
how on earth do we get people there?
my god... I forgot to change my underwear.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your posts and watched the Rwandan video. I am eager to read how this journey unfolds for you and your family...Heather Whitley

Anonymous said...

This blog is great Jaya! I can't wait to circulate it. Just don't stress too much over it--you've got enough of that, tee-hee. Thanks for these updates and musings!

Whirlwind is right! But what fun! Hang in there, girl :) ~Janet~

Anonymous said...

Demetria here from VT. I am now in Switzerland, but I would love to try to help with your fundraiser if it is not to late. Email me
demetria at demetria.com

Tami of BrooksGroth said...

What a whirlwind indeed ... deep breaths along the journey to you ... thank you for letting us accompany you on this journy.

Will you have a way to donate via the web as part of your fund raising?

{{hugs}}

Tina K Robinson said...

Oh Jaya, this is wonderful....I have spent the last hour reading...looking at the video and looking through the Mizero childrens hope tour. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I have lots of Ideas for raising the money and I cannot wait to talk to you.

Blessings dear friend, I am so excited for you!!!
Love
Tina Robinson
Nassau, Bahamas
xoxo

Jaya said...

This is so great to see you all reading and leaving comments, well-wishes, etc. It is so refreshing to be excited about something and to feel hopeful again!
Tami, I have no idea how to set up a paypal account or such on the web... feel free to offer guidance. Anyone, anyone?

Anonymous said...

i'm excited to stay caught up on what's going on with this journey! thanks for sharing, jaya. warm wishes for some peace during this amazing time!

Laura B said...

Jaya,

This sounds good. I look forward to reading more, and, watching as things unfold. Laura B